The GUARDIANS is an organization to uphold the principles of merit and fitness within the ranks of the New York State Police; to maintain and promote efficiency in public service; to advance the interest of all GUARDIAN members. The GUARDIANS are dedicated to the principle that government is the servant of the people; that government objectives are to be attained by honest democratic methods; that the people are entitled to government service; to promote the dignity of mankind; to promote the betterment of African American communities. In keeping with the aforementioned principles, the organization shall commit itself to the following:
- A. Determine, discuss and act upon matters that concern African Americans.
- B. Encourage GUARDIAN members to study in groups, relative to promotional examinations.
- C. Encourage social and athletic enterprise among GUARDIAN members.
- D. To support and sustain interest of its members in matters adjudged justifiable by the Board of Directors.
- E. To devise and execute plans to assist members morally and financially when possible.